About the position
Reporting to the WHS Coordinator, you will be assisting in the implementation and maintenance of the Safety Management System and best practice work health and safety initiatives.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Develop, implement and support strategies to ensure Seqwater's compliance with legislative and other compliance frameworks.
- Support implementation of Seqwater's health and safety objectives by driving cultural change through the facilitation of effective partnerships across the business.
- Support the implementation of strategies to support Seqwater to achieve continuous improvement in the work health and safety function.
- Communicate and engage with site personnel, contractors and key stakeholders to advise on matters relating to safety of projects across Seqwater.
- Provide WHS support and guidance through coaching and mentoring of employees and management on Safety Management System requirements and principles.
Desirable skills and experience
- Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety or relevant experience.
- Formal training in Incident Investigation (eg. ICAM or TapRoot).
- Lead Auditor in Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Unrestricted driver's licence.
- Demonstrated experience in similar roles.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting incident investigation and identification of corrective and preventative actions.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating and conducting risk assessments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risks and controls associated with Confined Space, Working at Heights, Hazardous Chemicals and Dangerous Goods and other high risk work.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply legislation, regulations, codes of practice through a Safety Management System.
- Superior communication skills with the ability to influence negotiate and engage at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, scheduling and conducting safety audits.
- Demonstrated experience in report writing and presentation of incident investigation data analysis to management.
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including up to 12.75% superannuation;
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities;
- A team orientated work environment.
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater's Certified Agreement as AO6 with a salary of $91,649.85 per annum and up to 12.75% superannuation.
To submit an application
Please submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: 9am, Monday 16 January 2017
For further information please contact Clare Taylor, Talent Acquisition Officer on 07 3035 5582.
Seqwater is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants to apply. For more information about employment opportunities at Seqwater visit careers.seqwater.com.au