Community Coordinator - Engawala
Salary Level 4/5 $69,771 - $79,213 per annum inclusive of 15% loading plus 17.5% leave loading, 9.5% superannuation. Accommodation is subsidised at an estimated $13,000pa.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is based in a remote regional centre and operating under the direction of the Area Coordinator, and in accordance with Regional Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation. The Community Coordinator is responsible for the oversight of the Youth & Community team and service delivery, including Youth, Sport & Recreation (YSR) activities and Community Safety Patrols. The role includes supervising, mentoring and providing support to Community Sport and Recreation Officer’s (CSRO’s), Community Safety Patrol Officers, volunteers within the Central Desert Regional Council.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated experience in Youth, Sport and Recreation (YSR) or Night Patrol, displaying knowledge of inclusiveness and sustainability.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of community services, with a focus on remote communities.
- Well developed oral and written communication skills including the ability to;
- Consult and negotiate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal people,
- Use computer programs to produce clear and sound based reports in a timely manner,
- Liaise effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Competent decision making skills and an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Sound knowledge of and empathy for Equal Employment Opportunity principles and Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
Contact person Jacob Khumalo on 0428 094 139
Monday, January 16, 2017 - 08:00
Position Description and Information Package
Application for advert form