Assistant Early Childhood Coordinator - Yuendumu
Salary $55,075.01 per annum
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Coordinator - Early Childhood and in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for providing support to the Coordinator in implementing the day to day activities and operations of the Early Childhood Program.
Full time position with a contract to end of December 2017.
Accommodation is not provided with this position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A willingness to work towards taking on leaderships roles within Children Services.
- Experience in the delivery of Children’s Services.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with stakeholders involved with Child Care.
- Possession of a Working with Children Card and a current police check.
- Ensure Work Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to.
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to provide effective leadership in a cross-cultural environment.
- Willingness to work in remote communities.
- Hold a Certificate 3 in Children Services and a willingness to study Diploma in Children Services with support from the Coordinator.
For more information and help with the application please go to the CDP Office or contact the Yuendumu Early Childhood Coordinator Margaret Leithhead on 0427 245 135.
Friday, January 13, 2017 - 08:00
Position Description and Information Package
Application for advert form