Senior Finance Officer
Barkly Regional Council is looking for a Senior Finance Officer to join our dynamic and friendly organisation. In this challenging position you will be responsible for the maintenance, accuracy and integrity of financial information. In this fast paced environment there will be competing priorities and deadlines to meet. This is a great opportunity to demonstrate and develop leadership while providing supervision and mentorship to Finance Officers.
Key Duties include:
- Supervise the day to day finance activities of the department
- Supervise and mentor the Finance Officers
- Maintain the accuracy of the general ledger
- Manage the process of rates modelling
- Review and check accuracy of payroll reports
- Prepare bank reconciliations and monthly reports
- Prepare BAS for lodgement
What we can offer you
- A competitive salary in the range of $74,906 - $78,801 pa
- Remote Living Allowance of $3,073 pa
- Assistance with housing and salary sacrifice of rent
- 6 weeks annual leave per year
- 9.5% superannuation
The selection criteria must be addressed for your application to be considered.
Completed applications by Sunday, 15 January 2017, 11:30 pm.
We value diversity. Special Measures - Priority Consideration for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Disability applicants apply to this position. If you wish to apply under Special Measures please indicate this in your cover letter or email.