Accounting Administration Trainee - Proserpine
- Temporary Full Time
- 9 Day Fortnight
- $17,000 to $32,000 per annum
The Whitsunday Regional Council is situated at the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. The region encompasses the 74 tropical Whitsunday Islands, the coastal towns of Cannonvale, Airlie Beach, Jubilee Pocket, Shute Harbour and Bowen along with the rural towns of Proserpine and Collinsville. The Whitsunday region offers a dynamic environment and is Perfectly Placed to live, work, play and invest.
An exciting opportunity exists within our Corporate Services Department for a Accounting Administration Trainee. Council is seeking applications from candidates looking to take the next step in their careers and complete a Cert III Accounting Administration. The successful candidate must be prepared to commit to a twelve (12) month traineeship.
Funding for these traineeships falls under the Skilling Queenslanders for Work Initiative. The program aims to provide disadvantaged job seekers with opportunities to gain a nationally recognised qualification and twelve (12) months on the job experience.
To be eligible to apply for a traineeship, disadvantaged Queenslanders must be one of the following:
- Aged 15 years or older and no longer at school
- Able to meet citizen, residency and visa requiremnts to undertake a traineeship
- Must also be identified as a disadvantaged group being:
- young people (aged 15 - 24 years)
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- mature-aged job seeker (45 years or older)
- Migrants or refugees from a culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- people with a disability
As the Accounting Administration trainee you will be required to undertake general administration duties such as:
- Design and produce business documents
- Write simple documents
- Preform financial calculations
What’s in it for you?
- 12 months paid employment
- Nationally recognised qualification
- Mentoring and support
- Paid study time
Previous experience is not required.
To submit your application online, click on ‘APPLY’ below:
Applications close: 13 January 2016.
Council practices Equal Employment Opportunities and Workplace Health and Safety Principles